Hello Blog.
I've been a recalcitrant blogger lately. But that's okay, especially since I used the word "recalcitrant" in this entry. I should be doing other things. School starts on Tuesday, and I have numerous tasks to complete- like configuring seating charts, writing my classroom rules in big, bold, teacherly letters, going over my lesson plans for the week, and what not. (I will pause here. Dave has just entered with a warm brown bag of greasy Chinese food. Which, after my strenuous Wii Fit work-0ut, I feel entitled to indulge in.)
Today I spent nearly all day working in my new classroom. Ari and Dave came too and helped me rearrange desks and hang posters. I really love the beginning of the school year. I got my list of students on Thursday, so I can read over their names and wonder who they'll be. Some of my kids came by also, all nervous and embarrassed by their parents.
In other news, I'm thinking of changing Ari's daycare. I love the place he's currently going, but I found out that there's home day care on the air force base that is so much less expensive...like half as much. So we'd be saving $700 a month. And since it's only a block away from my school, I could check in on him during my lunch break, and pick him up right after school. So he'd be spending less time in daycare. Still, I'm conflicted. I really do like the woman that cares for Ari- Dave and I both feel she's given Ari top notch care. So I'm hesitant to change things. Also, I feel bad for taking him out- I don't want her to think we were unsatisfied. So Dave and I are both having a hard time with this. Any thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Maybe you could talk to someone who uses the other day care and get a firsthand opinion? $700 a month is a lot of money, plus that extra couple of hours with him every day would be great.
ah, the daycare struggles... finding childcare that you really love AND can afford is one of the hardest things we have to do as parents! have you found out anything more about the childcare on the base? i don't know if your schedule allows for this, but could you perhaps take him there and stay with him for a couple hours to see what it's like there and how he seems to like it there? i feel like the best measure of a daycare is how happy your kid is there, you know? but man, it's really hard.
Post a Comment